Bakes Divine

Baking for Leisure.

Thursday 23 November 2006

My first loaf

My love for bread started when i was a little girl. Back then, when my mum would pack me my daily slices of bread to school and my dad has always labelled me as the "sandwhich queen" in the family.

Until some years back, bread to me was something i could only buy from the nearby supermarket and specialty breads at hotels.

My first encounter with bread machines was when i visited the home of my lecturer turned friend,LG, who is an avid bread baker, as a result of investing in her (Zojirushi) bread machine. She would tell me the wonders of this invention and in time, i was totally bought in.

Year 2000, after my persistent rave and facination for a bread machine, my hubby bought me a (Princess) bread machine. Somehow this machine is a far cry from the Zojirushi.

Totally clueless and thinking that its an easy peasy way of thowing in all ingredients and wait for the result.My very first loaf based turned out to be a disastrous loaf - hard as a stone.

To curb my dissapointment, hubby signed me up for classes, at Landex, where Wendy (the "teacher") taught me how this machine can be leverage to its effectuveness.

And viola - fresh home made bread made posible.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home